Saturday, November 20, 2010

What do I need to carry out my GAME plan?

The first goal in my GAME plan is to implement one new technology in my classroom this year. The information I will need to carry out this plan is to talk with the technology department in my district and learn exactly what technologies are allowed and which ones are blocked. I already know that we are allowed access to blog sites, but not to wiki sites. I will need to find out about the voice thread site I am registered with along with podcast sites.

The second goal in my GAME plan is to do one self directed learning activity with my students this year and allow their feed back to shape the activity. I have a lesson plan that I created in another class that I want to try to implement. What I need to do now is clear it with my principal and make sure I have the technologies available to me to carry it out.

Completing these steps will put me on my way to meeting my goal.

5 comments:

  1. Amber- I would think that as long as students aren't posting personal information you should be OK having your students create VoiceThreads about their learning. Just to cover your bases, you could send a permission slip home with your students requesting a parent signature to participate. I think that most parents would appreciate the "heads up" and be willing to grant that permission as long as they knew your purpose.

    If you aren't able to upload podcasts to your VoiceThread account, you could always try posting them on a class blog or website to share with others.

    Good luck for successful completion of your GAME plan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber,

    It sounds like you are well on your way to carrying out your GAME Plan. Does your district provide a list of sites that can and cannot be accessed by students? If so, can teachers ask that certain sites be unblocked for educational purposes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amber,
    I would go to your principal and get or him on board with your technology plan. Also get the students excited about this and they will get their parents excited---give them a voice. Then you can have the technology person put all this into place for you. We have had many sites blocked in our district I just e-mail my principal, superintendent, and technology person tell them why it is important for me to use these tools in my classroom, and they have them unblocked immediately! Good luck, and Happy Thanksgiving, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. My district does not have a list of what sites are blocked and which ones are not blocked. I can ask that certain sites be unlocked and most of the time it happens. Thank you for the suggestion of sending home a permission slip, that should stop possible complications before they arise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your game plan sounds very promising. When you say self directed learning activity, what do you mean? Will the students be engaged in a research project? What is your lesson plan about? Does it include integrating web 2.0 tools in your unit?

    ReplyDelete